Did you know that the sound of music can heal your soul? It’s true! Music has been used for centuries to soothe the mind, body and spirit. In this blog post, we will explore the power of crystal music therapy. We will discuss the benefits of using crystals with music, and we will recommend some types of crystals that work well with specific genres of music. So if you’re looking for a way to improve your health and wellbeing, be sure to check out our guide to crystal music therapy!
What is Crystal Music Therapy?
Crystal music therapy is a type of sound therapy that uses the vibrations of crystals to heal the body. Raw crystals are often used in crystal music therapy, as they emit a powerful vibrational energy that can penetrate deep into the body. Music is often played alongside raw or polished crystals, as it can help to amplify the healing effects of the crystals.
You can hold crystals in your palms, place them over chakra points on the body or arrange them around you on the floor or other surfaces.
There are many different types of crystals that can be used in crystal music therapy. Some of the most popular crystals for this purpose include amethyst, quartz, and tourmaline. These crystals all have different properties that can be beneficial for health and wellbeing. Let’s examine these crystals in more detail.
Properties of Amethyst, Quartz and Tourmaline
- Amethyst is a type of purple quartz that is known for its ability to calm and soothe the mind. It is also said to be helpful in relieving stress and anxiety.
- Quartz is a type of crystal that is known for its ability to increase energy and vitality. It is also said to be helpful in improving concentration and focus.
- Tourmaline is a type of black crystal that is known for its ability to ground and protect the body. It is also said to be helpful in increasing self-confidence and self-esteem.
Selecting the Right Music
There are many different genres of music that can be used in crystal music therapy. Some of the most popular genres include classical, relaxation, new age, world music, and spiritual music. Each genre of music has its own unique benefits that can help to improve health and wellbeing. For example, classical music is known for its ability to reduce stress and anxiety, while relaxation music is known for its ability to promote restful sleep.
Music has been shown to have a plethora of benefits on mental states. It can lower levels of anxiety, calm the mind, and even help with depression. Music therapists will often use different genres depending on what the goal is. For example, if they are trying to help someone who is dealing with a lot of anger, they may recommend heavier music like metal or rock to help them release those emotions. If someone is having difficulty sleeping, calming and relaxing music would be played to help ease them into sleep.
There are many different types of musical instruments that can be used for healing purposes as well. The most popular ones include crystal bowls, singing bowls, gongs, and drums. Each one of these produces a different vibration that can penetrate deep into the body to promote healing. Crystal bowls are known for their ability to soothe and calm the mind, while gongs are known for their ability to increase energy and vitality. When you select your music, you may want to select tracks that include some of this instrumentation.
Selecting the Right Music for the Right Crystals
So, how does one use crystal music therapy? First, you will need to choose the right type of crystals for your needs. As we mentioned before, some of the most popular crystals used in this type of therapy include amethyst, quartz, and tourmaline. Once you have chosen the right crystals for you, it’s time to select the right type of music.
The type of music you choose should be based on your personal preferences, as well as the properties of the crystals you are using. For example, if you are using amethyst for its calming effects, you may want to choose soothing spiritual music or meditative tracks. If you are using quartz for its energy-boosting properties, you may want to choose upbeat and energizing music. Tourmaline is a bit different, as it is said to be helpful in increasing self-confidence and self-esteem. For this reason, many people prefer to choose empowering and uplifting music when using tourmaline for crystal music therapy.
So How Does One Use Crystal Music Therapy?
Now that you know how to choose the right crystals and music for your needs, it’s time to learn how to use this type of therapy. There are a few different ways that you can use crystal music therapy. One way is to simply place the crystals around you while you listen to the music. You can also hold the crystals in your hands, or place them on your body. Another way to use crystal music therapy is to put the crystals in a bowl of water and allow them to charge the water with their vibrations. Once the water has been charged, you can drink it or use it in a bath.
Crystal Music Therapy and Preparing for a Session
Once you have chosen the right crystals and music, it’s time to start your session. To get the most out of your therapy, it’s important to find a comfortable place where you can relax and let the healing vibrations of the crystals and music wash over you. You may want to lie down or sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and focus on your breath. As you breathe deeply, allow yourself to sink into a state of deep relaxation. The more relaxed you are, the more effective the therapy will be.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start by choosing a quiet place where you can relax and won’t be interrupted.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
- If you are using crystal bowls, make sure they are placed on a stable surface.
- Start with shorter sessions and work your way up to longer ones.
- Listen to the music and allow yourself to drift off into a state of relaxation.
- Once you have finished your session, take a few deep breaths and slowly open your eyes.
After your session is complete, take some time to journal about your experience. Be sure to note any changes in how you feel physically, emotionally, and mentally. You may also want to experiment with different types of crystals and music to find the combination that works best for you.
And that’s it! You are now ready to experience the healing power of crystal music therapy!
Variations on Crystal Music Therapy — You Can Get Creative!
Some people also like to combine different types of crystals with different genres of music. For instance, you could use amethyst with classical music, quartz with rock music, and tourmaline with hip hop or R&B. Experiment and see what combination works best for you!
If you’re looking for a natural way to improve your health and wellbeing, be sure to give crystal music therapy a try! With the help of the right crystals and music, you can experience profound healing effects that will leave you feeling refreshed, relaxed, and rejuvenated. Crystal Music Therapy is a powerful tool that everyone should have in their self-care arsenal! Thanks for reading! We hope this post has inspired you to give it a try.
References and Further Reading
- Music and Crystals: Discover the Power of Crystal Music Therapy! By Alanna Zabel, L.Ac, MTCM on September 25th, 2019 | last modified on November 19th, 2020
- What is Crystal Music Therapy & How to Use It by Stephanie Gailing, MS, CHHC on October 17th 2016
- How to do Crystal Music Therapy by Angela Wurts on May 31st 2017
- The Healing Power of Quartz Crystal Singing Bowls by Claire Carraher on August 22nd 2017
- Empowering Music for Confidence & Self Esteem by Jillian Fleer on January 24th 2014
- The Power of Music: 15 Quotes on the Healing Effects of Music by Kate Harveston on May 11th 2016
- The Mental and Emotional Benefits of Music Therapy by Anna Leach on September 28th 2017
- The Physical Benefits of Music Therapy by Trudi Griffin, LPC, LMFT on July 16th 2018
- How Does Music Therapy Help? By Brianna Flavin, MT-BC on August 23rd 2019
- Combining Crystals and Music for Healing by Melissa Breau on April 12th 2016
- Crystal Bowls: How to Choose & Use Them for Healing by Mary Beth Janssen on November 27th 2017